The philosophy taught to me by my father — which also happens to be the central message of Lord Krshna to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita — is to be yourself, and do your duty:
It is far better to discharge one’s prescribed duties, even though faultily, than another’s duties perfectly. Destruction in the course of performing one’s own duty is better than engaging in another’s duties, for to follow another’s path is dangerousBhagavad-gita 3.35
- I believe in people, not institutions or corporations. In my life I strive to find the human element in all situations, and to treat other people as human beings, first and foremost.
- I believe there is infinite potential inherent in each individual.
- I believe in, and advocate for, economic equality for all people. To the extent possible, I eschew participating in hierarchical social arrangements.
- I believe in abundance, and that the world’s wealth is meant to be shared by all. Therefore, I believe that the current wealth distribution needs to be reallocated as an immediate priority.
- I believe in the Japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
- I believe that everything is part of a processes, and that Kaizen should be embraced as the way forward.
- I believe that peace is possible, and that all true change starts with the individual.
- My worldview is informed by the Lightning Path:
- Consciousness : Humans are, first and foremost, beings of Consciousness. As such, they have a reality and existence independent of physical matter.
- Physical Unit: The human body, the human physical unit, is a vehicle/vessel specifically designed to enable full expression of Consciousness within the material universe.
- Connection: The purpose of life, the goal of human development, is to evolve/grow/nurture a healthy physical unit capable of connecting to, handling, and fully expressing the full power and its own highest Consciousness.
I believe the highest calling of each individual is to learn to embrace their own truth by creating their own unique way to see the world.